Tuesday, June 20, 2006

DVD Extras Just Aren't Enough

I got UNderworld : Evolution on the DVD today. Now I love the movie, it has great featurettes of all the stuff you want to know about, like effects, script changes, costumes, etc. One question: Where the hell are the deleted scenes? Was the one perfect movie that had no mistakes or editing done at all? No, because that is impossible. I haven't been this disappointed by a DVD in a while. Last time, it was the original Sin City's lack of any features, but this time it is due to the lack of the one thing a dvd must always have. I consider that subtitles, surround sound, scene selections, commentary, and deleted scenes are parts of a dvd, not special features. That's why its dvd. No one pays 20 bucks for a movie so that it looks good, they pay for the shitton of extras that make the movie rewatchable. I can't believe this DVD doesnt have deleted scenes. On a better note, I'm going to see Ministry in bmore tonight. I cant wait to not be able to feel feelings anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home