Monday, June 19, 2006

Warnphoria: de-Evolution

Hey everybody, I'm back. I won't go into why I had to delete my page before because it doesn't matter. Just know that I am back. I have decided to come back now, because I have changed quite a bit since last year, not so much in appearance as mentally and morally. I want to talk about music right now. I am into classic rock, hard rock, and industrial music. So I listen to a lot of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Monster Magnet, Pearl Jam and the likes. However, I am starting to get into to some different kinds of music. Thanks to a certain person, I started listening to the Bad Brains, a hardcore band from DC that was active from late seventies through the eighties. The Bad Brains are one of the best bands I've ever heard. Thus, I started to get a little more into punk and harcore, genres I had ignorantly disdained in the past.

This leads up to last week, when I saw Nine Inch Nails for the second time. Two bands opened for them, TV on the Radio and Bauhaus. TVOR was really, really chill. I'm talkin skip work, sit in a lawn chair and drink in the sun all day chill. Bauhaus, though very awkard on stage, had a great, heavy sound in most of their songs. I feel like a year at college has really, to be corny yet serious, expanded my mind. Now that I got that out of the way, be ready for more light hearted posts in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home